Get Your Free Estimate Now
"*" indicates required fields
Even tho it probably doesn’t seem like that, packing up the bathroom is one of the tricky parts. You might think, it is small, why should it be difficult to box up? Well, first things first, you need the bathroom every day, without exception. Yes, even on the day of the big move. Second, there are a lot more things than you might expect. Various objects of different shapes, sizes, and uses hidden in every corner of the bathroom. Taking into consideration what we said before, you cannot pack up the bathroom items weeks before, since you always need them. The best option would be to leave packing your bathroom for relocation for the last few days. This guide will give you some tips and advice that might help you ease the burden of relocating your bathroom.
Sort out the bathroom items
The first thing that needs to be done, preferably a week before the move, is to sort out all the miscellaneous items from the bathroom. Make sure to check every cabinet, drawer, and shelf and take everything out to see it. After completing that, take a good look at everything and decide their fate. You can either keep, donate or throw away and replace some items. Sort out the items in the following groups listed below:
- Toiletries – toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, and other oral hygiene items, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and other body and hair care products ( make sure to seal the bottles with liquids in sandwich bags when packing your bathroom for relocation to prevent leakage )
- Small bathroom gadgets – epilators, curling, and straightening irons, blow driers, etc.
- Makeup and cosmetics – mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, makeup brushes, and other beauty products
- Medication and first aid kits
- Deodorants and perfumes
- Paper products – toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Bath towels, bathrobes, and other linens
- Cleaning supplies ( make sure these items out of reach if you have babies and older children in the house! )
While organizing, set aside an essentials box (if you are considering hiring professional help, they will provide moving supplies Toronto) for the last days before the move, and the first days after moving into the new home. This box should contain toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoos, and conditioner, a hairbrush, soap, toilet paper, a few towels, and everything else that you feel like you cannot live without on an everyday basis. Label and keep it in an easy-to-find spot, so that you don’t have to go through random boxes to find something you need. It is also suggested to have an emergency kit with you that contains painkillers and allergy medication just in case since moving can be really hectic.
Bathroom items clear out
There is no better time to declutter than when you are packing your bathroom for relocation. You are starting fresh in a new home, so why would you bring all the unnecessary things with you? This part of the house tends to get really messy and cluttered over time. Everybody has half-used bottles of cosmetics laying around somewhere in the bathroom cabinets. Also, old or broken things that you hope to fix and use, but never actually do it. There are only four things you can do now with the remaining items:
Things to trash when packing your bathroom for relocation
Anything that you will for sure never use again: broken appliances, expired medication (take them to a place specialized for hazardous waste, since they can damage the environment if thrown away or flushed), almost empty cosmetics or shampoo bottles, makeup that changed its smell, color, or consistency. It is obligatory to throw away bathroom items like toilet brushes because they contain germs and bacteria.
Give away to charities, friends, and family
This category includes objects that are still in a usable state, but you don’t need or can’t take with you. Some examples are duplicated gadgets, cosmetics and makeup that doesn’t suit you or you just don’t like it, new shampoos, conditioners, and lotions (often it is cheaper to buy new items of this type when you move in than taking them with you).
Make use of some items before packing your bathroom for relocation
Here we are mostly talking about cleaning products since professional movers won’t allow these chemicals in the moving truck. Everyday cosmetics that are almost done can be used for a few days before leaving while cleaning products should be used to give the house a final clean on the last day. Additionally, you can use up old worn-out towels to wrap fragile things in them or use them as a cleaning rug.
Items to hold on to
The only things you should take with you are expensive products and/or products that you cannot find on the market. Besides that, make sure to keep all the items that you enjoy using in your bathroom.
Packing your bathroom for relocation
When packing up the bathroom, extra steps need to be done to ensure nothing breaks, spills, or leaks. Here are some tips to help you:
- Protect fragile items like mirrors by wrapping them in packing paper, bubble wrap, or those old towels we mentioned before. Label these boxes as fragile, so that you or the packing service Toronto that you hired know to handle these boxes with extra care.
- Boxes with breakable toiletries should be small, and make sure to fill up all empty spaces between the items with paper, towels, etc, to ensure that they don’t move during the transition
- Bottles of liquid (shampoos and cleaning supplies) are best wrapped in Ziploc bags or plastic wrap to ensure that leaking doesn’t damage other belongings. For extra protection, put them in a plastic container with a tight lid
- Everything you pack has to be dry, like towels or curtains, to prevent mold and mildew from appearing
- Clearly label all the containers, so that the content of the boxes can be identified more easily
Additional tip: it is highly recommended to hire residential movers Toronto, since moving is a stressful process. They know how to take care of your things, so it’s better for your well-being to leave it to the professionals.
Now you know everything about packing your bathroom for relocation. Because of that, your belongings will arrive at your new home safely and intact. Unpacking your bathroom will be a breeze and you will get the chance to rejuvenate yourself in your bathroom after successfully completing the move.
Get access to a variety of moving and storage Canada solutions:
Contact Our team
Call Professional Movers Canada or fill out our free moving quote form.
Get Your Quote & Plan
Receive an obligation-free estimate and a detailed plan of action for your move.
Enjoy a Professional Move
Leave all the vexing tasks of relocation to our skilled Canada movers.